Tamiya Toyota Hilux High Lift - The ultimate RC pickup truck replica!
The Hilux High Lift is an incredibly detailed replica of the Toyota Hilux - decked out for the perfect day at the beach. Constructed like the genuine car, the Tamiya Hilux is built on a ladder-frame chassis with metal leaf spring suspension and four wheel drive with metal gear differentials front and rear. The leaf springs are made from five separate pieces, and can be adjusted after assembly. The three speed gearbox provides realistic gear changes operated from the transmitter, and the built-in slipper clutch protects the gears from impacts to ensure high durability. The car not only looks like a real 4WD pickup truck, but drives like it as well - this is a rock crawler, meant to climb inclines and waterways, not high-speed thrashing.
The car packs an incredibly level of details. The injection molded resin body itself packs a tonnes of cool details, with chrome and metal plated parts for muffler, wheels, roll bar and the roll bar lights. The lights in the front guard have the option of either having covers on or not and the surfboard comes with three options for markerings. Pretty cool!
Some experience required
The Tamiya Toyota Hilux High Lift 4x4 58397 is a complex car to build and drive and is not recommended for beginners.
- Length: 508mm
- Width: 216mm
- Height: 270mm
- 4WD system with metal gear differentials
- Suspension: Leaf with friction dampers
- Gear Ratios = 1st: 64.39:1 2nd: 35.20:1 3rd: 21.14:1
- Type 540 Motor included
What you need:
- 4 channel Radio w/ receiver
- 2x Servo (one for steering, one for gearshifts)
- 7.2V NiMH battery and suitable Charger
- 4x AA Batteries for receiver
- Paint: Tamiya recommends Tamiya TS-75 Champagne Gold, Tamiya TS-64 Dark Mica Blue, Tamiya X-18 Semi Gloss Black, Tamiya X-11 Chrome Silver, Tamiya x-26 Clear Orange, Tamiya X-27 Clear Red.