Tamiya The Frog 58354 1/10 RC Car
The legend that is Tamiya was built in the 1980's on their retro RC buggies and especially the instantly recognizably white and pink The Frog from 1983.
The 1/10 scale buggy is rear-wheel drive with a space frame chassis crafted from ABS for a rigid, durable and light construction to benefit handling and performance. The battery is placed very low in the car, to lower the center of gravity as much as possible, providing the car with a very planted feel, very capable in the corners.
The suspension on the car is very well constructed with steel radius arms and fully independent suspension on all four wheels. There's double wishbones with inboard springs at the front and trailing arms at the rear with horizontal aluminium oil dampers at the rear. The polycarbonate body gives the perfect eighties RC buggy look, and is very sturdy and durable when chrashing.
Tamiya The Frog is an incredibly fun, entry-level RC buggy kit, that is very well-suited to both newcomers wanting something fun and simple, as well as nostalgics wanting to relive their youth. A real classic!
- Includes a driver figure for the cockpit.
- Bathtub chassis in ABS plastics.
- Independent swing axle with friction dampers in the front.
- Oil-filled dampers in the rear.
- Fully enclosed rear gearbox with a differential gear to improve handling.
- Includes RS 540 motor and an ESC.
- 1/10 2WD buggy
- RC model assembly kit
- Length: 410mm
- Width: 240mm
- Height: 145mm.
What you need:
- An ESC
- 2 channel Radio w/ receiver and servo
- 7.2V NiMH battery and suitable Charger
- 4x AA Batteries for receiver
- Paints. Tamiya recommends Tamiya PS-1 White, Tamiya PS-5 Black, Tamiya PS-11 Pink, Tamiya X-8 Lemon Yellow, Tamiya X-18 Semi Gloss Black, Tamiya XF-15 Flat Flesh.