Tamiya Team Reinert MAN TGS RC Race Truck
Imagine sitting down one day, looking at a big, heavy truck and think; "Right - let's race it!". Many years later, Truck Racing has become a huge phenomenon with several national and international championships. And we understand why. Because despite the fact that trucks are far from the fastest racecars, there's something inherently cool about truck racing that transcends lap times and the ability to go around corners. Seeing these big, burly power monsters powerslide round corners and trading paint through corners offers a sense of madness that is rare today and is simply incredibly cool.
Luckily, Tamiya understands the cool-factor of truck racing, and have made this replica of the Team Reinert Racing MAN TGS, which won the 2016 European Truck Racing Championship for teams with german driver Rene Reinert and Steffi Halm.
The body is made from three separate parts of polycarbonate, with several separately molded parts, to recreate the racing truck with a very high level of details.
Based on Tamiyas TT-01 Type-E Chassis
The Tamiya TT-01 chassis proved its capabilities as a fun, durable and well-handling chassis, that works well for both beginners and novice RC drivers, and the Type-E version (E for Evolution) improves the classic chassis further.
With a lower center of gravity, new uprights and an added FRP upper deck, the Type-E chassis is stiffer, with sharper, more responsive handling characteristics. The changes don't stop there though. The steering system has been redesigned with inspiration from the race-proven TA-05, providing less play and more precise steering. Should you choose to race the Team Reinert MAN TGS, the transponder allows you to do so, while maintenance and adjustments has been made easier with the new, separate front and rear shock towers, that lets drivers adjust the gears without removing the shocks.
The truck has shaft-driven four wheel drive with gear differentials front and rear. Combined with a double-wishbone suspension and a 3-piece tie-rod, the Tamiya Team Reinert MAN TGS offers super direct handling, while the 70mm radial tires with a high wall provides the special truck feel through corners.
- The polycarbonate body is made with with separate components for body, cab and coupler for a very high level of details.
- Side mirrors, front and rear light cases and grille emblem are molded separately.
- The wheels and tires are designed specifically for Tamiyas racing truck models.
- 4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension with friction dampers
- Shaft-driven 4WD system with 3-Bevel Differentials front and rear
- Tamiya TBLE-02S and Tamiya Torque-Tuned motor are included.
- RC self-assembly kit.
- Scale 1/14
- Length: 438mm
- Height: 207mm
- Width: 190mm
- Wheelbase: 257mm
- Gear Ratio=8.35:1
What you need:
- 2 channel Radio w/ receiver and servo
- 7.2V NiMH battery with a Charger
- 4x AA Batteries for receiver
- Paint: Tamiya recommends Tamiya PS-1 White, Tamiya PS-5 Black, Tamiya PS-12 Silver, Tamiya PS-30 Brilliant Blue, Tamiya PS-31 Smoke, Tamiya PS-55 Flat Clear, Tamiya TS-29 Semi Gloss Black