Tamiya Super Hotshot - The raddest 80's RC buggy
The Tamiya Super Hotshot was originally launched in 1986, and this re-launched version carries its heritage with pride with shiny, gold wheels, bright yellow oil-filled shock absorbers, spiked tires and a 'Top Gun'-inspired livery. The Super Hotshot was one of the hottest RC cars around in 1986, and now this gently updated version lets you build and drive your own brand new car.
With 4-wheel drive, oil-filled shock absorbers, double wishbone suspension and a 25T Tamiya GT Tuned motor, the Super Hotshot offers both straight-line speed and and direct handling. The car has ball bearings throughout to minimize friction loss while the three different spring settings allows for easy adjustability of the cars handling, depending on the surface.
While the car itself still follows the originals recipe, with a strong ABS monocoque chassis frame and roll cage, the car has been gently updated to utilize the gains and improvements that's been made within manufacturing over the decade. The result is a car that looks exactly like the original, but is far more durable.
- Self assembly model kit
- Shaft driven 4WD system
- 25T GT Tuned Motor
- ABS Monocoque chassis
- Oil-filled shock absorbers with adjustable spring tensions.
- Double wishbone suspension on all four wheels.
- Plated gold wheels.
- Length: 390mm
- Width: 235mm
- Height: 150mm
- Weight: 1330g (excl. battery, servo and receiver)
What you need:
- 2 channel Radio w/ receiver and servo
- 7.2V NiMH battery and suitable charger
- 4x AA Batteries for receiver
- Paints: Tamiya recommends Tamiya PS-12 Silver for the body
- For the driver and cabin: Tamiya X-2 White, Tamiya X-11 Chrome Silver, Tamiya XF-1 Flat Black, Tamiya XF-2 Flat White, Tamiya XF-15 Flat Flesh