Tamiya Subaru Impreza 2004 'Mexico'
The Subaru Impreza WRX cars has become rally legends with their metallic blue paint, huge spoilers and gold rims. The cars were developed by Prodrive and made its debut at the Rally of Finland in 1993 and continuing in various generations until 2008.
Along the way, several legendary rally drivers of the time drove for Subaru. Names like Colin McRae, Petter Solberg, Didier Auriol, Tommi Mäkinen and Richard Burns are just some of the drivers that would race the Subaru over the years. This version is is a replica of the Petter Solberg car from the 2004 Mexico Rally, where Solberg won 9 out of 15 stages, but were demoted to 4th position after a time penalty. He would go on to finish second in the Drivers Championship that year, which was won by Sébastien Loeb.
The car comes with a ton of cool details, like the gold rims and rally tires. Mirrors and rear spoiler are separately molded and the stickers both add highly detailed lights as well as oil cooler and intercooler in the front bumper.
Tamiya TT-01E - Great for rally racing
Based on the Tamiya TT-01E platform, the car has shaft-driven four wheel drive, with differentials front and rear - just like its rally role model. Combined with double-wishbone suspension and rally tires, the car offers loads of grip and agile handling, perfect for the twisty rally stages.
The TT-01E chassis is incredibly well balanced with the motor and battery mounted low in the chassis for a lower center of gravity, improving handling. As a Type E version, it car also offers polycarbonate suspension uprights, and FRP reinforced upper chassis deck and motor mount to improve rigidity. The car is a great fit for both beginners and novices, as it's both easy and fun to drive with predictable handling and tons of grip and speed. With a wide range of suspension setup adjustments on the car, along with various gearbox ratios and wheelbase settings to choose between, there's hours of fun in making tweaks to the setup, to get driving characteristics and speed just right for how you like it. Fully capable of racing on both tarmac, gravel and snow!
Should you ever require more, the TT-01 chassis offers an almost unlimited range of tuning and customization parts, so you'll never get tired of pushing your Rally Impreza to it's limits.
- Body recreated in polycarbonate, with separately-molded side mirror and rear wing parts.
- Stickers are included to recreate the markings on the car, as are window masking stickers for use when painting.
- Molded wheels paired with rally tires .
- Differential gears and 4-wheel double wishbone suspension for smooth driving.
- Includes 540 Torque-Tuned motor.
- 1/10 scale model assembly kit
- Scale 1/10
- Length: 441mm
- Width: 185mm
- Height: 137mm
- Wheelbase: 257mm
- Tire Width/Diameter: 27/67mm (Front/Rear)
- Gear Ratio = 8.35:1
What you need:
- An ESC. We recommend a Hobbywing QuicRun 1060.
- 2 channel Radio w/ receiver and servo
- 7.2V NiMH battery with a Charger
- 4x AA Batteries for receiver
- Paint: Tamiya recommends Tamiya PS-16 Metallic Blue, Tamiya TS-21 Gold, Tamiya TS-29 Semi Gloss Black.