Tamiya Subaru Impreza 1999 'Monte Carlo' RC Car
Deep blue paint, gold wheels and a big rear spoiler? That description only fits one car - the iconic Subaru Impreza rally cars! Developed by Prodrive, the first iteration of the Impreza rally cars made its debut at the Rally of Finland in 1993 and continuing in various generations until 2008. Over those 15 years, Subaru became a rally icon (with some help from Gran Turismo) for its homologation street cars offering supercar performance at a modest budget.
Along the way, several legendary rally drivers of the time drove for Subaru. Names like Colin McRae, Petter Solberg, Didier Auriol, Tommi Mäkinen and Richard Burns are just some of the drivers that would race the Subaru over the years. This car is is a replica of the car Richard Burns drove in the 1999 season, where Burns finished second in the championship alongside co-driver Robert Reid. They won 3 of the rallies that year and taking another three podiums.
The car comes with a ton of cool details, like the pre-painted gold rims and rally block tires. Mirrors, rear spoiler and air scoop are separately molded and the stickers both add highly detailed lights as well as oil cooler and intercooler in the front bumper.
Tamiya TT-02 - Fun, fast rally racing
Based on the Tamiya TT-02 platform, the car has shaft-driven four wheel drive, with 4-bevel differentials front and rear, honouring its rally role model. Combined with double-wishbone suspension and "block" rally tires, the car offers loads of grip and agile handling, perfect for the twisty rally stages.
The TT-02 chassis is incredibly well balanced with the motor mounted in the rear, and electronics and battery mounted centrally. The car is a great fit for both beginners and novices alike, as the car is both easy and fun to drive with predictable handling and tons of grip and speed. With a wide range of suspension setup adjustments on the car, along with various gearbox ratios and wheelbase settings to choose between, there's hours of fun in making tweaks to the setup, to get driving characteristics and speed just right for how you like it. Fully capable of racing on both tarmac, gravel and snow!
Should you ever require more, the TT-02 chassis offers an almost unlimited range of tuning and customization parts, so you'll never get tired of pushing your Rally Impreza to it's limits.
- Body recreated in polycarbonate, with separately-molded side mirror and rear wing parts.
- Stickers are included to recreate the markings on the car, as are window masking stickers for use when painting.
- 16-spoke gold color molded wheels are paired with rally block tires (Item 50476).
- 4-bevel differential gears and 4-wheel double wishbone suspension make for smooth driving.
- Includes 540 Torque-Tuned motor and Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC capable of running sensor brushless motors and brushed motors (21.5T BL motor limit / 23T brushed motor limit).
- 1/10 scale model assembly kit
- Scale 1/10
- Length: 442mm
- Width: 186mm
- Height: 140mm
- Wheelbase: 257mm
- Tire Width/Diameter: 27/69mm (Front/Rear)
- Gear Ratio = 9.58:1 (9 further ratios from 11.38:1 to 7.28:1 possible with use of separately-sold pinions)
What you need:
- 2 channel Radio w/ receiver and servo
- 7.2V NiMH battery with a Charger
- 4x AA Batteries for receiver
- Paint: Tamiya recommends Tamiya PS-16 Metallic Blue, Tamiya PS-31 Smoke, Tamiya TS-19 Metallic Blue, Tamiya TS-29 Semi Gloss Black.