Tamiya Scania R620 - The quintessential Euro-truck
This highly detailed replica of the 620hp V8 3-axle Scania R620 6X4 Highline reproduces the characteristic styling of the truck's body down to the smallest detail. The cabin tilts forward just like the real truck and the included grille mesh and metal transfer emblems further enhance the realism true-to-scale look of the truck.
This Tamiya model features a ladder frame chassis with aluminum channels, 3-speed transmission, suspension with metal leaf springs and friction dampers, with rear axles equipped with differentials. Exterior details such as side panels, fuel tanks, and rear fenders provide the finishing touches. The coupler is included in the kit and enables linkage with any of Tamiyas 1/14 scale trailers, and has a large range of optional extras available.
Range of Tamiya Trailers available
A big truck needs to haul a big trailer. Tamiya offer a range of semi trailers to fit the Scania R620, allowing you to choose the ones you like to fulfill your truckin' needs. Adding a trailer makes the rig over 1 meter long!
Beyond trailers, Tamiya also offers a wide range of optional and tuning parts for the Scania R620, to allow you to further customize the truck and driving experience to your exact needs. Our favourite is the Tamiya MFC-03 kit that adds realistic light and sounds to your Euro-style RC truck!
- 3-speed transmission controlled manually from the transmitter
- Ladder type chassis in aluminium and plastic
- Type 540 motor included
- 3-bevel differentials
- Metal leaf-spring suspension with friction shocks
- A wide range of trailers and option parts available
- 1/14 scale model assembly kit
- Length: 520 mm
- Width: 187 mm
- Height: 293 mm
- Weight (without options): Approx. 3.7 kg
- Wheelbase: 237+103 mm
- Tread: 156 mm (Front), 138mm (Rear, Double Tire)
- Chassis: Aluminum & Polycarbonate Resin Ladder Frame
- Suspension: Front/Rear Leaf Springs
- Camber Angle (Front/Rear): 0°
- Dampers: Aluminum Dummy Dampers (Front & Rear)
- Drivetrain: Rear Double Axle Drive
- Transmission: 3-gear transmission (gear shifting operated via transmitter)
- Gear Ratio: (1st Gear) 32.49:1, (2nd Gear) 17.76:1, (3rd Gear) 10.66:1
- Tire Width: 22mm (Front & Rear)
What you need:
- 4-channel 2.4 GHz radio and receiver (we recommend Futaba Attack 4YWD)
- 2x Steering servos (we recommend Futaba U400)
- An ESC (we recommend getting the Tamiya MFC-03 kit, which includes an ESC specifically for tractor trucks).
- Batteries and a charger
- Paint. Tamiya recommends: Tamiya TS-17 Gloss Aluminium, Tamiya TS-29 Semi-Gloss Black, Tamiya TS-38 Gun Metal, Tamiya TS-39 Mica Red, Tamiya X-11 Chrome Silver, Tamiya X-18 Semi Gloss Black, Tamiya X-26 Clear Orange, Tamiya X-27 Clear Red.