Tamiya Opel Calibra V6 DTM - Limited Edition
The early 1990's were the golden age for the German DTM championship, where Mercedes, Alfa Romeo, BMW and Opel battled for wins at neck-breaking speeds. Opels weapon of choice was based on the sporty Calibra. With 4-wheel drive, a weight of 1040 kg and a motor tuned by Coswort, putting out 420 horsepower at 11.650 rpm the Opel Calibra DTM looked like a serious contender for wins against the mighty Alfas.
Despite everything, the Opels proved to be lacking speed and reliability in the 1994 season, taking only two podiums and a single win, given to them after Nannini was disqualified. Mercedes were simply too fast, using their F1 technology and knowledge in the DTM cars. Opel improved significantly for the 1995 season where Klaus Ludwig finished third in the championship with two wins and two podiums in the books. But the racing career of the Opel Calibra DTM ended on a high in the 1996 season. With 9 wins and 7 podiums, Opel won the manufacturers championship, while Manuel Reuter won the Drivers Championship as well.
This is a Limited Edition Tamiya kit and will only be available now. Once stock runs out, that's it. Make sure to secure yours by ordering now.
Built on the Tamiya TA-02 Chassis
The Limited Edition Tamiya Opel Calibra DTM is based on the TA-02 chassis. The bath-tub chassis which is both stiff and light weight. The car has double wishbone suspension, racing slick tires and CVA dampers front and rear and a shaft driven four wheel drive system. The result is a RC car with proper Touring Car handling.
The gear system is characterized by two openable gearing houses front and rear, with the front being a 3-bevel gear differential and a ball differential rear.
- Separately molded mirrors, wiper arms and rear wing for the body.
- Bathtub-type Shaft Driven 4WD.
- Openable gearboxes house a front 3-bevel gear differential and ball differential rear.
- 4-wheel double wishbone suspension and CVA dampers for smooth, responsive handling.
- White mesh type wheels are paired with slick tires.
- Included in the kit are two big sticker sheets to recreate the various sponsors and other markings, plus masking stickers for use in the paint job.
- Tamiya ESC TBLE-04S and Tamiya Type 540 motor are included.
- 1/10 scale RC model assembly kit
- Length: 418mm
- Width: 185mm
- Height: 131mm
- Wheelbase: 260mm
What you need:
- 2 channel Radio w/ receiver and servo
- 7.2V NiMH battery and suitable Charger
- 4x AA Batteries for receiver