Tamiya Mercedes-AMG GT3 RC Touring Car
The Mercedes-AMG GT3 is a purebred racing car, designed for the extremely popular GT3 racing class. Although it's based on the roadgoing AMG GT, the GT3 is an unforgiving, pure racing car, developed on one of the most dangerous racetracks in the world - the Nürburgring Nordschleife.
The AMG GT3 was an instant success at the track. With a carbon fiber body and 6.2 V8 engine, it didn't take long for the AMG GT3 to leave its mark, taking 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and sixth at the 2016 24 Hour Nürburgring race. Loved by fans for its deep V8 thunder, the Mercedes-AMG GT3 stands out as a unique, old-school racecar, that's fully capable of handing it to its mid-engined turbocharged competitors.
Tamiyas version of the car uses the ultra cool matte colour scheme of the GT3 car displayed at the Geneva Motor Show and exhibited and driven by prospective customers and journalists. The car is packed with cool details, like the grille, lights and wheel hubs with replica disc brakes!
Built on Tamiya TT-02 Chassis
The Tamiya Mercedes-AMG GT3 is built on the ever-popular TT-02 touring car chassis. The chassis handles incredibly well and is very durable, making it able to withstand some pretty harsh driving. Combined with the very large range of upgrades and tuning parts available to the TT-02, the GT3 is suited to both beginners and novice RC drivers. The chassis is a shaft-driven four wheel drive system and comes with racing slick tires providing tons of grip. The TT-02 chassis is very well balanced and comes with double wishbone suspension. The handling of the car can be adjusted to perfection, with adjustable ride height and wheelbases.
One of the other benefits of the TT-02 chassis is the huge array of options and tuning parts available - so if you want to treat your Tamiya Mercedes AMG GT3 there's a load of cool upgrades to choose from!
- Bathtub-type Frame Shaft Driven 4WD
- Front/Rear 4-Bevel Resin Differentials
- 3-Piece Steering Tie-Rod
- 4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension
- Front/Rear Friction Dampers
- Gear Ratio = 8.27:1 (9 further ratios from 11.38:1 to 7.28:1 possible with use of separately-sold pinions)
- Comes with Tamiya Torque Tuned Motor and TBLE-02S ESC
- Length: 443mm
- Width: 189mm
- Height: 119mm
- Wheelbase: 257mm
- Tire Width/Diameter: 27/67mm (Front & Rear)
What you need:
- An ESC. We recommend a Hobbywing QuicRun 1060.
- 2 channel Radio w/ receiver and servo
- 7.2V NiMH battery and suitable Charger
- 4x AA Batteries for receiver
- Paints. Tamiya recommends Tamiya PS-5 Black, Tamiya PS-5 Metallic Red, Tamiya PS-31 Smoke, Tamiya PS-55 Flat Clear, Tamiya PS-63 Bright Gun Metal, Tamiya TS-38 Gun Metal.