The Tamiya Land Rover Defender; A legend now in 1/10
The Land Rover Defender 90 is a legendary car, launched in 1948 and manufactured until 2016. Whether crossing the Sahara dessert or the Amazonian jungle, the Defender has been the car of choice for adventures for nearly six decades. Now, the Tamiya Land Rover Defender 90 kit let's you build, paint and your own 1/10-sized version of the car and take on your own adventures in the wild.
The Tamiya Defender is created with true scaled parts, including an external roll bar, frontgrille, side mirrors, spare tire cover and much more, to give the perfect Defender 90 look. The car can further be upgraded with and LED light kit.
The car is built a a ladder-frame type with differentials front and rear to ensure both offroad capabilities and and smooth cornering. Suspension consists of double-wishbone front upper single links and lower H-shaped arms with a rigid rear suspension.
Cross Country Tamiya CC-01 platform
Built on the well-known, sturdy Tamiya CC-01 platform, the Defender offers full-time 4 wheel-drive and longitudinally-positioned motor, which transmits power to the front wheels via the gearbox and to the rear wheels via propeller shaft with universal joints. CC stands for Cross-Country and with oil-filled CVA dampers and tough allroad treaded tires means the Tamiya Defender 90 can take on all surfaces and terrain.
- 1/10 Scale Model assembly kit
- Length: 457mm
- Width: 200mm
- Height: 214mm
- Wheelbase: 242mm
- Tread (F/R): 160mm
- Tire Width/Diameter (Front & Rear): 33/90mm
- Ladder Frame Bathtub Type Chassis
- Longitudinally-Placed Motor & Shaft-Driven Full-Time 4WD
- Front and Rear 3-Bevel Differential Gears
- Front Suspension: Double Wishbone
- Rear Suspension: 4-Link Rigid
- Front and Rear CVA Oil Dampers
- Gear Ratio = 14.67:1
- Type 540 Motor included
What you need:
- 2 channel Radio w/ receiver and servo
- 7.2V NiMH battery and suitable Charger
- 4x AA Batteries for receiver
- Paints. Tamiya recommends Tamiya PS-22 Racing Green, Tamiya PS-1 White, Tamiya TS-29 Semi Gloss Black.