Tamiya The Hornet 1/10 RC Car
Tamiyas The Hornet was a mega success when it was launched back in 1984 and has been a RC icon ever since. The lightweight monocoque chassis in ABS creates a strong, stiff foundation for the car, allowing the car to handle well on both tarmac and in rougher offroad terrain. With a RS 540 motor, oil-filled suspension in the rear and sealed differential, the 2WD buggy provides a fun, engaging driving experience. The wide, grippy rear tires provide plenty of grip for quick accelerations on loose surfaces with the slimmer radial tires in the front providing quick and direct steering.
The Hornet is a fun, entry-level RC buggy kit, that is very well-suited to both newcomers wanting something fun and simple, as well as nostalgics wanting to relive the golden days. A true classic and must-have for all enthusiasts.
- Includes a driver figure for the cockpit.
- Bathtub chassis in ABS plastics.
- Independent swing axle with friction dampers in the front.
- Oil-filled dampers in the rear.
- Fully enclosed rear gearbox with a differential gear to improve handling.
- Includes RS 540 motor and an ESC.
- Compatible with tune-up parts: Type 540 motors (requires nine 1150 ball bearings and one 850 ball bearing) and CVA mini oil dampers.
- 1/10 2WD buggy
- Model assembly kit
- Length: 400mm
- Width: 230mm
- Height: 150mm.
What you need:
- An ESC
- 2 channel Radio w/ receiver and servo
- 7.2V NiMH battery and suitable Charger
- 4x AA Batteries for receiver
- Paints. Tamiya recommends Tamiya PS-5 Black, Tamiya X-2 White, Tamiya X-14 Sky Blue, Tamiya X-18 Semi Gloss Black, Tamiya XF-2 Flat White, Tamiya XF-15 Flat Flesh.