Tamiya Ford GT Mk. II 58689 RC Touring Car
Ford and Le Mans has incredible history together, all based on their legendary GT40 and GT models. The original Ford GT40 made its debut at the french track in 1964 with the single purpose of beating Ferrari. After the first problems had been overcome, the Ford GT40 went on to win every single Le Mans from 1966 - 1970. Having proved their point, Ford ultimately retired the GT40 from racing but launched and new version in 2005, simply called the Ford GT. It relied heavily on the original for inspiration for its design, but despite being a succesful GT1 and GT3 racing car only raced at Le Mans in 2010, but all three cars failed to finish.
Luckily, that was about to change for 2016. Having launched the second generation of the Ford GT in 2016, Ford collaborated with Multimatic to develop a GTE version of the car to compete in both the American IMSA series and the International WEC championship which Le Mans is part of. The car took numerous victories, including the 2016 Le Mans race, the Rolex 24 race at Daytona twice and many, many more.
Tamiyas take on the 700 hp supercar comes with a pre-painted white, aerodynamic body in lightweight polycarbonate with many separately molded parts to ensure a very high level of detail.
Built on Tamiyas TT-02 Chassis
The Tamiya Ford GT Mk. II is based on the TT-02 touring car chassis. The chassis is one of the most versatile from Tamiya, offering both speed, handling and durability, making it incredibly well suited for both beginners and more experienced RC drivers. It offers shaft-driven four wheel drive system and double wishbone suspension with racing slick tires that offer responsive fast handling through the corners. The suspension setup has tons of options for adjustments, making it both easy and fun to get the handling just as you want it.
Another benefit of the TT-02 chassis is endless possibilities for tuning and optimising your car. Whether you want to upgrade the cars power, handling or looks, there are upgrades available that suits your needs.
- Pre-painted body in white
- Separately molded parts for the body and gun metal 5-spoke wheels
- Bathtub-type Frame Shaft Driven 4WD
- Front/Rear 4-Bevel Resin Differentials
- 3-Piece Steering Tie-Rod
- 4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension
- Front/Rear Friction Dampers
- Gear Ratio = 8.27:1 (9 further ratios from 11.38:1 to 7.28:1 possible with use of separately-sold pinions)
- Comes with Tamiya Torque Tuned Motor and TBLE-04S ESC
- Model assembly kit
- Length: 479mm
- Width: 188mm
- Height: 112mm
- Wheelbase: 257mm
- Tire Width/Diameter: 27/67mm (Front & Rear)
What you need:
- 2 channel Radio w/ receiver and servo
- 7.2V NiMH battery and suitable Charger
- 4x AA Batteries for receiver