Tamiya Ford Escort Mk. II Rally RC Car
Tamiya has brought back the rally version of the Escort Mk. II with a pre-painted body, representing the essence of 1970's rallying.
With rear-wheel drive, Cosworth engines and drivers like Björn Waldegård, Ari Vatanen and Hannu Mikkola behind the wheels, the Ford Escort Mk. II continued the legacy of the Mk. I and won the RAC Rally five years in a row, as well as finishing 1, 2 and 3 in the 1979 WRC Drivers Championship and winning the Manufacturers' Championship the same year. The Escort Mk. II took numerous other rally wins during its rallying career spanning from 1975 to 1981, and also helped Ari Vatanen take the 1981 drivers Championship.
With such strong performance, combined with memories of fire-breathing Escorts permanently sideways around muddy rally stages, it's not wonder that the Ford Escort Mk. II has cemented its place in rally folklore.
Built on Tamiyas MF-01X chassis
The 1/10 scale Tamiya MF-01X chassis is a compact 4-wheel drive chassis, with gear differentials front and rear. The chassis is designed to be tough and able to tackle a variety of surfaces to suit its rally origins. The motor is mounted in the rear with the battery pack positioned in the middle of the car, ensuring excellent weight distribution and handling. With double wishbone suspension, grippy block rally tires and friction dampers, the Tamiya Escort Mk. II is ready to blast around on your own forrest, gravel and tarmac rally stages, providing endless hours of entertainment.
- Polycarbonate body pre-painted in White.
- Separately molded plastic components are included to recreate bumper, side mirrors and fog lamps.
- A host of Hop-Up Option parts are available to tune the MF-01X chassis.
- Includes Tamiya Torque Tuned Motor.
- 1/10 scale model assembly kit.
- Length: 414mm
- Wheelbase: 239mm.
What you need:
- An ESC. We recommend a Hobbywing QuicRun 1060.
- 2 channel Radio w/ receiver and servo
- 7.2V NiMH battery and suitable Charger
- 4x AA Batteries for receiver.