Tamiya Avante - An 80's legend perfected
Tamiya has pulled out all stops with the Avante, to offer you one of their absolute best RC buggies outside the Competition category. The result is a beautiful, fast and durable RC car that offers entertainment and quality in abundance.
The original Tamiya Avante RC car is an 80's legend, and this updated 2011 version builds on the heritage, while adding its own modern twist to it. The new Tamiya Avante maintain the originals 1/10 scale size, the shaft driven 4-wheel drive system and of course the signature metallic blue colour. The first version was designed as a competition car, prioritizing chassis stiffness, durability and of course speed. The new Tamiya Avante maintains this focus, with a two-deck chassis and rear damper stay in carbon fiber, offering a unique combination of ultra light weight and stiffness.
Reducing friction loss throughout the drivetrain has been another key focus area on the car. By using 23 ball bearings, universal shafts in aluminium, a center ball-differential and planetary diffs front and rear, as well as the 3 small planetary gears the drivetrain has minimum slip and very little friction, allowing the maximum amount of power to the tires. The gear mechanism is easily accessed through three small hatches, allowing for easy maintenance and adjustments.
The suspension is almost a piece of art with gold, oil-filled metal dampers, front knuckles in aluminium and aluminium, adjustable radius arms to protect the double wishbone suspension. The suspension offers a wealth of adjustments to get the handling characteristics just right for your driving style and surface.
- Self assembly model kit
- Avante Special 25T GT Tuned Motor with Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC
- Double-Deck carbon fibre chassis
- Extra thick carbon rear shock tower
- New and improved machined Duralumin front uprights
- Machined aluminium rear shock mount supports
- Cam-Lock wheels with 38/88mm tyres
- Length: 420mm
- Width: 240mm
- Height: 115mm
- Wheelbase: 260mm
- Weight: 1300g
What you need:
- 2 channel Radio w/ receiver and servo
- 7.2V NiMH battery and suitable charger
- 4x AA Batteries for receiver
- Paints: Tamiya recommends Tamiya PS-16 Metallic Blue for the body
- For the driver and cabin: Tamiya TS-17 Gloss Aluminium, Tamiya X-6 Orange, Tamiya X-18 Semi Gloss Black, Tamiya XF-7 Flat Red, Tamiya XF-66 Light Grey